Executables that the average modder would want
Last updated October 26th, 2011.
Source code for developers interested in working with the RAF file format.
A picture guide for installation can be found here.
The source is open for view/use and is unlicensed. Feel free redistribute it or apply any
modifications to the code of your liking. I do not request credit for use of it.
A virus scan of the executables is available here.
Best Regards and Happy Modding!
Software Developer and Streamer @ ItzWarty.com
April 29, 2011
Thanks to velkor2, yourbuddypal, themantrum, and GorbyRU for giving tips during code dev.
Note that version #s are like Chrome's version numbers. In other words, they mean NOTHING.
Update Version 1.4.0 (May 30, 2011)
- GUI Changed yet again. I'm really happy where it is at right now.
- Preparing for LOLMOD files
- Introduced RAF Manager Script
- Documented in the About menu
- Icons for mods if the directory dropped in has a
- TRY IT OUT! Use Colorblind No More! Download: www.ItzWarty.com/raf/lolmod/
- About->Simple Guide context menu...
- New file saving format... again =[ This should be the last time...
Update Version 1.3.0 (May 27, 2011)
- GUI additions... Just ease of use for newbies
- Changes file format a bit. Previous .rmproj files should be loaded correctly, or with maybe
a letter or two incorrect in group names. If necessary, recreate rmproj-es appropriately.
- Added DDS Viewer. You can now view .dds files from the file browser
- I forget other changes =[
Version 1.2.1 (May 9-10, 2011)
- Packing algorithm changed a bit. Insertion of nonexisting files is possible but disabled, for
technical reasons. I'll just say that there is some RE-ing going on at the moment.
- Rightclick context menu for the file tree now shows "search" options
- Changes view (top right thing) right click context menu now includes delete and rename.
- Fixed some issues where the asterisk next to the project name would always be on.
- Attempted to fix some display issues
- If RAFManager runs twice, the second instance will bring focus to the first instance, then exit.
- Added control-clicking for the changes tree, in preparation for upcoming features involving
radio buttons for mod designers.
Version 1.2.0 (May 7-8, 2011): - Loading Dialog Introduced, since alphabetic sorting is now done to the RAF Viewing tree - Reintroduction of the DUMP feature - Right click a node on the left archive view, then select DUMP - You can now edit text files within RAF Manager - This includes .ini, .cfg, .txt, etc... - The text viewer now allows you to save to disk, or save directly to the archive. - About box updated to more accurately reflect the 3rd party programs used in RAF Manager - Fixed a bug where loading .rmproj wouldn't update checkbox values - Now, when you drag a .rmproj file into the changes view (the right top box thing), RAF Manager - will realize that you're trying to load the file - Packing now consistently reports whether or not it has finished. Version 1.1.0 (May 7, 2011) - The program's method of storing .rmproj is different, so you unfortunately won't be able to
open old projects. - The changes view (where you'd drop stuff in) has changed. It's nicer now. When you drag in files,
the program assumes you're dragging a skin group in, so you'll be prompted to name your
skin group. If you wish to install multiple skins (IE: Sexy Ezreal, then Cham Brand),
you'll have to drag them in separately - You can right click elements of the changes view to pack them or delete them - Button added to disable logging. I recommend you keep it disabled, since its only for development
use, and it actually slows pack times by quite a lot, on the order of 2x to 10x... - The executable is bigger because it stores a few images for the tree-view, the checkboxes... - Fixed Minimize causes crash bug. - Some usability addons... - You now select the LoL folder (which contains the launcher) if the app can't find it, since some
people had renamed their LoL folders. - *.rmproj files can now be opened w/ notepad (Windows-Style newlines instead of Unix-Style) Have fun =) May 6-7, 2011 Release of RAFManager Release Notes
Many of you saw my RAF Dumper/Packer application and thought it wasn't nice, nor efficient.
Today, I'm revealing what I've spent the past week working on (alongside AP exams)
- DUMP and PACK currently aren't a part of the GUI, though that will be added soon.
- Update feature added. RAF Manager will look for updates whenever it runs.
- Quick RAF Reading - View text files, save to disk, and just repack them!
- Install/Uninstall features - Install skins by dragging them into the RAF Manager
then clicking Project->Pack. Uninstall them by simply unchecking the "use" box!
- RAFManager "inserts" files into RAF archives. This allows for fast, 1 second packing.
In other words, you no longer have to wait 20 minutes to dump then pack.
- Users who have installed League of Legends to a drive other than C:/ will now be presented
with a "please find the riot games folder" dialog, as opposed to the program crashing
- File handles should be released properly, so you shouldn't have to close RAFManager before
going in game...
- File handle release issues unfixed. Incorrect approach. Still brainstorming
For now, you have to close RAFManager before going in game.
May 1, 2011
The application seems to be executing properly on most if not all computers so far!
I've been doing some experimenting, and I have a potential way to make packing take 1 second.
Unfortunately, I won't have time for the next few days to work on this, because of AP Exams.
Expect updates in within 2 weeks... if I can get this working.
A Graphical User Interface (GUI) is coming soon!
Once again, I encourage other software developers to play around with the code.
April 29, 2011
Original release date.